Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Grand Canyon




We made a run up to the Grand Canyon on our way to Rio Rancho. It has been 43 years since my brother and I were there and Billie and my sister-in-law had never been. The last time we were there it was free admission I think. Now it is $25 per car for a 7 day pass. 5 million visitors a year keep this place packed. It is still something to see.










Billie and I standing on the south rim trail overlooking the Grand Canyon.




















This lone tree on top of the rock was sort of odd so I took the picture. It is a wonderful place to visit but stay away from the edge if you have a problem with heights. It is about ten miles across and a mile deep... not for the feight of heart for sure.









I found this hole in the side of a cliff and wondered how anyone could get there to actually chisel out the opening in the rock face. The conclusion was that they were lowered by rope over the edge and worked. There sure is no trail to it that I could see.

more pictures http://picasaweb.google.com/fleming49/TheGrandCanyon

No comments: